This blog's primary purpose will be to inform you of the special events we have planned in our community.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer Picnic

Tomorrow is our annual summer picnic at Judith's lovely home.  We are in for a real treat........food, fun, fellowship and quilts, quilts, quilts!
Sheila Holland will be back to join us and we are all looking forward to seeing her again, and Vern too.  Our program for the day will be given by Donna Stickovich from Quilting on the Mon blog.  We can not wait to see what quilts she brings to share with us.  We are so thrilled she has agreed to travel the three hours north see us and share some of her collection.  Can you tell I am excited??
The weather looks perfect, mid-70's...no rain.  Pauline is bringing some of those fresh cherries from her family's orchard, yum! 
I will share pictures if I can. 

I thought I would try to add a picture, to this post, to see if I could actually do it.  This is not an antique, as you can tell.  It is my version of a quilt called "Select Six" by Karen Montgomery from The Quilt Company.  It is entirely hand pieced and is being hand quilted. 

"Select Six"


Close-up of center, sorry color is not great.

No comments: